Toolmaker - Development (Prototype)
OLEO International a trading division of TA Savery & Co Limited is a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications in the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Due to substantial growth and increased demand for our energy absorption products, we are looking for an experienced Toolmaker to join our engineering team based at our engineering / manufacturing facility in Coventry.
Purpose of the Role:
This key role will support business growth across the Coventry site providing shop floor support, Tool Making and small batch production and all key associated paperwork required for day to day operations to the Coventry facility. You will liaise with other Engineering personnel, quality engineers and operations to support New Product Introductions.
Toolmaker Key Responsibilities:
- Manufacture & assemble test sample parts, test fixtures and tooling etc.
- Take responsibility for quality of parts & ensure quality verification is completed on all parts produced.
- Support production and maintenance with part rectification, tooling rectification when appropriate.
- Assist in test set up and running where required.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Work closely with other Engineering and Development personnel.
- Partake in design reviews as required.
- Identify & advise Engineers on product manufacturing and performance issues.
- Assist in planning and prioritisation within the engineering workshop.
Toolmaker Key Requirements:
- Experienced Multi-skilled machinist who is capable of working with a wide variety of equipment
- Experience in manual machine tool set-up and operation (Lathe, Mill, Drill etc.)
- Experience in conversational CNC machine tool set-up & operation (Lathe, Mill etc.) is advantageous
- Practical experience within a low volume manufacturing environment (ideally R&D workshop / prototype workshop / tool room) – producing one off components to high accuracy
- Competent in reading complex 2D engineering drawings, including ‘GDT’
- Competent in use of measurement tools and inspection of own work
- Experienced in bench fitting and use of manual tools
- Experienced in assembly and disassembly of mechanical components
- Understanding of H&S in the workshop
- Ability to solve problems as and when they arise
What we will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance x3 of your salary
- 37 / 37.5 hour working week
OLEO International is an equal opportunities Employer.
*No Agencies Please
Download as PDF Post your CV