Competitive Salary + pension + 33 days holiday (including B/H's)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Welder to join our operations team based at our UK Headquarters in Coventry.
As a company we are a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications in the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Overall purpose of the role:
To primarily perform certified MAG and TIG welding of various safety critical assemblies including sealed hydraulic and pneumatic pressurised vessels manufactured from sheet, plate and tubular form ferrous materials to regular production schedules.
Production Welder Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain production welding certification to ISO 9606-1 and ISO 14732 standards through regular scheduled testing and on demand as required to demonstrate welding proficiency.
- Setting, programming and operating fully mechanised circumferential welding lathes and power sources.
- Read and interpret engineering welding fabrication drawings, symbols and measurements.
- Understanding and working to oral directions, written welding procedure specifications, work instructions and acceptance standards.
- Maintaining and monitoring welding and ancillary equipment and assist in troubleshooting functional issues or call for repairs on a regular and daily basis.
- 100% visual inspection of all production weld deposits to be in accordance to ISO 5817.
Production Welder Key Requirements:
- Certified welder to ISO 9606-1 primarily in MAG process.
- Proven history of volume production welding and fabrication experience in MAG welding process on carbon/manganese steels in fillet and butt joints in the range of 3mm to approximately 25mm for comparable high-quality applications.
- ISO 14732 welding operator certificate and/or ISO 9606-1 certificate in TIG welding advantageous.
- Completion of a welding and fabrication or a relevant apprenticeship / training program also advantageous.
Oleo International is an equal opportunities Employer
*No Agencies Please
Download as PDF Post your CV