Principal Engineer - Design
Competitive Salary + Pension + Life Assurance + 33 days holiday (including B/H's)
OLEO International a trading division of TA Savery & Co Limited has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Engineer who possesses design engineering experience to join our engineering department based in Coventry.
As a business we are an award-winning company and a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications within the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- You will act as a technical lead within the engineering (design) team by designing developing and maintaining OLEO products in an efficient manner suitable for manufacture at the lowest possible cost whilst achieving required quality targets.
- Produce robust product designs.
- Assist in product & process trouble shooting as required.
- Ensure continuous improvement in all engineering related activity.
- Principal Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineering staff.
- Assist with the continuous development of processes and staff.
- Define and work in accordance with Engineering and Test procedures.
- Work in accordance with QS9001 requirements.
- Plan and manage projects (across disciplines if required).
- Produce accurate and robust 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) data (via Solidworks).
- Produce accurate & clear 2D drawings (via Solidworks).
- Store & archive data accurately within the PDM (Product Data Management) system.
- Review relevant specifications and take required action.
- Perform and document calculations to prove design robustness.
- Choose & specify appropriate materials.
- Apply relevant statistical techniques to analyse engineering data.
- Lead D-FMEA (Design Failure Mode & Effect Analysis) process and assist in D-FMEA reviews
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Process engineering function to ensure designs are manufacturable and allow best manufacturing practice.
Principal Engineer Key Requirements:
- Good pass (A –C) in Mathematics at A-level.
- First degree (2:1 or 1st class) in a Mechanical engineering related subject.
- Possess practical experience within a mechanical / product design environment.
- Experienced in 3D CAD - Solidworks is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of current engineering drawing standards, tolerancing methods including GDT and mechanical design calculations (load, stress etc.).
- Working knowledge of product development quality tools (e.g. FMEA).
- Experience of data management systems (PDM / PLM).
- Working knowledge of project management requirements.
- Working knowledge of basic material science and material properties for ferrous metals.
- Working knowledge of basic material science and material propertied for plastic materials and design for plastic injection moulding.
- Practical understanding of low – medium volume manufacturing process (CNC machining, casting, fabrication, moulding etc.).
- Experience within an ISO 9001 company environment.
OLEO International is an equal opportunities Employer.
*No Agencies please.
Download as PDF Post your CV