Principal Development Engineer
Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance
OLEO International a trading division of TA Savery & Co Limited is a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications in the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Due to substantial growth and increased demand for our energy absorption products, we are looking for an experienced Principal Development Engineer who possesses hands on mechanical testing experience to join our engineering team in Coventry.
Purpose of the Role:
You will design, modify, and commission test equipment for rail, industrial and elevator buffers, rail couplers, and buffer stop assemblies. The role covers all aspects of mechanical test and development. You will be part of the T.A. Savery & Co Ltd. UKAS accredited test team. We are looking to add further facilities to expand our capability and want a technical expert to own the specifications and coordinate the implementation.
Principal Development Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and work in accordance with Engineering and Development department procedures.
- Work in accordance with QS9001 and ISO17025 requirements.
- Document test procedures clearly and concisely.
- Prepare and issue concise and accurate test reports.
- Ensure accurate recording of test information and maintain test documentation.
- Extract, process and analyse raw test data and manipulate as required.
- Apply relevant statistical techniques to test data (DoE, SPC etc.)
- Establish and maintain ‘uncertainty budgets’ as required.
- Design test set-ups and rigs including control and data-acquisition using appropriate tools
- Monitor test rig condition for safety and performance.
- Calibrate and diagnose test instruments accuracies as required.
- Conduct a wide range of product tests including static, quasi-static dynamic, durability and environmental.
- Work in a safe and environmentally aware way.
- Maintain cleanliness in the laboratory and other test facilities.
- Partake in design reviews when required and assist in Design Failure Mode reviews (D-FMEA)
- Identify and advise Engineers on product manufacturing and performance issues identified by testing.
Principal Development Engineer Essential Requirements:
- First degree (2:1 or 1st class) in a Mechanical, Electronics or Control engineering related subject
- High level of experience of setting up, calibrating, and monitoring mechanical tests such as strength, durability, environmental etc.
- Detailed and practical knowledge of electronic measurement and logging equipment (Data Acquisition) such as Load Cells, Accelerometers, Accurate Stroke Measurement Devices, and Strain Gauges
- Practiced in extraction, processing, and analysis of test data
OLEO INTERNATIONAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
*No Agencies Please
Download as PDF Post your CV