Environmental Health & Safety Officer
Competitive Salary + pension + 33 days holiday (including B/H's)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Officer to join our operations team based at our UK Headquarters in Coventry.
As a company we are a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications in the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Overall purpose of the role:
You will be responsible for coordinating, supporting and advising the business on all aspects with regards to EHS. The role will also require you to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Environmental, Health & Safety within the company are adhered to.
Environmental Health & Safety Officer Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all H&S policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to EHS and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Undertake workplace H&S and Environmental inspections.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments (COSHH) for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, reported externally (RIDDOR if required) investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Embed a culture of H&S within the workplace by carrying out e.g. monthly workshops, H&S campaigns, H&S awareness, ergonomic improvements and manual handling.
- Carry out H&S inductions for new starters.
Environmental Health & Safety Officer Key Requirements:
- Experience of working in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
- COSHH Trained.
- Must possess a detailed working knowledge of environmental health & safety legislation.
- Experienced in working with ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 Business Management Systems.
- Handling of H&S investigations / COSHH and risk assessments.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures.
- Gathering, analysing and reporting on key EH&S data / statistics.
Oleo International is an equal opportunities Employer
*No Agencies Please
Download as PDF Post your CV