Development Test Engineer
Competitive Salary + Pension + Life Assurance + 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
OLEO International a trading division of TA Savery & Co Limited has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Test Engineer to join our development team based in Coventry.
As a company we are a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications in the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Principal Engineer you will be responsible for designing, modifying and commissioning test systems for testing rail / elevator buffers, couplers, and end stop assemblies.
The role will cover all aspects of test development; requirements definition, test process validation and hardware specification. You’ll be part of the T.A. Savery & Co Ltd. UKAS accredited test team that is expanding to deliver greater capability and to verify Oleo International Ltd product ranges.
Development Test Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform product tests and analyse / report results, ensuring impartiality and accuracy of testing activities.
- Produce robust rig designs for new products.
- Design test set-ups & rigs including control and data-acquisition using appropriate tools (e.g. DASYlab, Labview).
- Conduct a range of product tests including static, quasi-static dynamic, durability & environmental tests.
- Develop and work in accordance with Engineering and Test procedures.
- Work in accordance with QS9001 & ISO17025 requirements.
- Assist in product and process trouble shooting.
- Ensure that the laboratory equipment is suitable for purpose.
- Complete bespoke testing in accordance with new requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement in all laboratory related activities.
- Ensure the accurate recording of test information and analyse raw test data.
- Apply relevant statistical techniques to test data (DoE, SPC etc.)
- Monitor test rig condition for safety and performance.
- Calibrate test instruments and perform preventative maintenance.
- Conduct and report CoP (Conformity of Production) tests.
- Assist in Design Failure Mode reviews (D-FMEA).
Development Test Engineer Key Requirements:
- Possess a Mechanical, Electronics or Control Engineering related qualification.
- Must possess practical experience working within a mechanical / product testing environment.
- Experience of setting up and monitoring mechanical tests such as strength, durability and environmental.
- Possess a detailed practical knowledge of electronic measurement and logging equipment such as load cells, accelerometers, LVDTs and amplifiers.
- Practical knowledge of environmental (thermal) testing along with calibration measuring equipment.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 and or ISO17025 laboratory environment.
- Detailed understanding of HSE practices in the laboratory.
- Experience in the assembly / disassembly of mechanical components.
- A familiarity of hydraulics, hydraulic mechanisms and hydraulic rig design would be advantageous.
If you are interested in applying for the above position please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oleo International is an equal opportunities Employer
*No agencies please.
Download as PDF Post your CV